The Sentey Solid Power SS series of power supplies has 550 W, 650 W, 750 W, and 850 W models, all with the standard 80 Plus certification. Today we are going to dissect the 850 W model (SDP850-SS), which uses a resonant configuration in its primary and DC-DC and synchronous designs in its secondary, features that are usually only seen on high-efficiency power supplies with at least the 80 Plus Bronze certification. Let’s see if we were surprised by this product.
The Sentey SDP850-SS is a rebranded Super Flower SF-850P14HE power supply.
The Sentey SDP850-SS is 7.1” (180 mm) deep. It uses an unidentified 140 mm fan on its bottom.
This power does not have a modular cabling system. All cables have individual nylon sleeves. This power supply comes with the following cables:
- Main motherboard cable with a 20/24-pin connector, 20.1” (51 cm) long
- One cable with two ATX12V connectors that together form an EPS12V connector, 22” (56 cm) long
- Two cables, each with one six-pin connector and one six/eight-pin connector for video cards, 18.9” (48 cm) to the first connector, 5.1” (13 cm) between connectors
- Two cables, each with four SATA power connectors, 18.9” (48 cm) to the first connector, 5.1” (13 cm) between connectors
- One cable with three peripheral power connectors, 19.3” (49 cm) to the first connector, 5.1” (13 cm) between connectors
- One cable with two peripheral power connectors and one floppy disk drive power connector, 19.3” (49 cm) to the first connector, 5.1” (13 cm) between connectors
All wires are 18 AWG, which is the minimum recommended gauge, except for the +12 V (yellow) wires on the main motherboard cable, which are thicker (16 AWG).
This is a somewhat standard configuration for mainstream 850 W units.
Let’s now take an in-depth look inside this power supply.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. A Look Inside the Sentey SDP850-SS
- 3. Transient Filtering Stage
- 4. Primary Analysis
- 5. Secondary Analysis
- 6. Power Distribution
- 7. Load Tests
- 8. Voltage Regulation Tests
- 9. Ripple and Noise Tests
- 10. Overload Tests
- 11. Main Specifications
- 12. Conclusions