Originally released with 650 W and 750 W versions, Seasonic expanded their 80 Plus Gold X-Series to include 560 W, 660 W, 760 W and 850 W versions. Let’s take an in-depth look at the new 560 W model.
Seasonic also has a fanless series based on the X-Series models, aptly called X Fanless. We’ve already reviewed the 400 W version from this other series, and also the 650 W version of the standard X-Series, and both proved to be outstanding products.
The Seasonic X-Series 560 W is 6.3” (160 mm) deep, with a 120 mm, dual ball bearing, Japanese fan from Sanyo Denki (San Ace 120), just like other members of the X-Series family.
Like all other members of the X-Series family, the new Seasonic X-Series 560 W has a full modular cabling system, meaning that even the main motherboard cable is modular. This system has 10 connectors and the power supply comes with the following cables:
- Main motherboard cable with a 20/24-pin connector, 23.2” (59 cm) long
- One cable with two ATX12V connectors that together form an EPS12V connector, 25.6” (65 cm) long
- Two cables with one six/eight-pin connector for video cards each, 23.6” (60 cm) long
- Two cables with three SATA power connectors each, 21.6” (55 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
- One cable with two SATA power connectors, 21.6” (55 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
- One cable with three standard peripheral power connectors, 21.6” (55 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
- One cable with two standard peripheral power connectors, 21.6” (55 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
- One adapter to convert one standard peripheral power connector into two floppy disk drive power connectors
All wires are 18 AWG, except the ones used on the ATX12V/EPS12V and on the video card auxiliary power cables, which are thicker (16 AWG).
The cable configuration is satisfactory for a 560 W product. The main differences in cable configuration between the 650 W and 560 W models are the presence of four video card cables and not only two on the more powerful version, and the presence of one ATX12V and two EPS12V connectors on the 650 W model.
Let’s now take an in-depth look inside this power supply.