Silent Pro M is a power supply series from Cooler Master featuring a modular cabling system and a single +12 V rail, at this moment featuring 500 W, 600 W, 700 W, 850 W and 1,000 W models. The first three models have only the standard 80 Plus certification, while the 850 W and 1,000 W model have the 80 Plus Bronze certification, showing that they are based on a different design. Let’s see if the 600 W model (a.k.a. RS-600-AMBA-D3) is a good buy.
Cooler Master Silent Pro M 600 W is 5 7/8” (15 cm) deep, using a 135 mm fan on its bottom and featuring active PFC circuit, of course.
The modular cabling system present on the 600 W model has six connectors, two gray for the video card cables and four black for the SATA and peripheral power cables. The main motherboard cable and the ATX12V/EPS12V cable are permanently attached to the power supply. Both have a nylon protection that comes from inside the unit. The cables included are:
- Main motherboard cable with a 20/24-pin connector, 18 ½” (47 cm) long (permanently attached to the power supply).
- One cable with two ATX12V connectors that together form one EPS12V connector, 22” (56 cm) long (permanently attached to the power supply).
- Two cables with one six/eight-pin connector for video cards each, 18 1/8” (46 cm) long.
- Three cables with three SATA power connectors each, 17 ¾” (45 cm) to the first connector, 5 7/8” (15 cm) between connectors.
- One cable with three standard peripheral power connectors, 18 1/8” (46 cm) to the first connector, 5 7/8” (15 cm) between connectors.
- One cable with two standard power connectors and one floppy disk drive power connector, 18 1/8” (46 cm) to the first connector, 5 7/8” (15 cm) between connectors.
This configuration is perfect for a 600 W product. If you pay attention, this unit comes with a total of three SATA and two peripheral power cables, and the modular cabling system only allows the installation of four of these cables at the same time. This gives the user the flexibility to choose between having more SATA power cables or more peripheral power cables, depending on his or her particular configuration.
All cables use 18 AWG wires, which is the minimum recommended, and the cables from the modular cabling system are flat.
Now let’s take an in-depth look inside this power supply.