Zalman GS1000 is a full tower case targeted to the high-end user that wants a good quality case full of features but doesn’t want to pay a lot for an all-aluminum product. Here is a summary of what we found about this case.
- Outstanding quality. No sharp edges that you could cut yourself while building your PC.
- Good price for a high-end full-tower case.
- The number of hard disk drive bays is enough even for the most hardcore user.
- Three hot-swap bays for hard disk drives was a great addition.
- Handle for the power supply.
- Anti-vibration mechanisms for hard disk drives.
- Space for one extra fan on the top and two extra fans on the bottom of the case.
- The two USB ports are too close to each other, preventing you from installing two “fat” USB devices at the same time.
- Could have an eSATA port.
- No space for installing a fan to cool down your hard disk drives directly.
In summary, this is a terrific case for users that want a high-end case with aluminum panels but don’t want to give an arm to buy a very high-end all-aluminum model.