The Strider Plus power supply series from SilverStone has 500 W, 600 W, 750 W, 850 W, 1,000 W, and 1,500 W models, all with a fully modular cabling system. The 500 W model has the 80 Plus Bronze certification. There are two versions for the 600 W model: with the 80 Plus Bronze certification (ST-60F-P) or with the 80 Plus Silver certification (ST60F-PS), which is the model we are going to review. The other models have the 80 Plus Silver certification.
The ST60F-PS has received the 80 Plus Gold certification. However, as SilverStone couldn’t guarantee that every single model would achieve the same performance level as the sample the company sent for testing, they decided to spontaneously downgrade it to 80 Plus Silver. Kudos to SilverStone; it would be great if all companies were this honest.
The reviewed power supply is manufactured by High Power.
The SilverStone Strider Plus 600 W (ST60F-PS) is 5.5” (140 mm) deep. It uses a 120 mm ball-bearing fan on its bottom (Globe Fan B1202512L).
The modular cabling system from this power supply is fully modular and has eight connectors: one for the main motherboard cable, one for EPS12V/ATX12V connectors, two for video card power connectors, and four for peripheral and SATA power connectors. This power supply comes with the following cables:
- Main motherboard cable with a 20/24-pin connector, 21.6” (55 cm) long
- One cable with two ATX12V connectors that together form an EPS12V connector, 21.6” (55 cm) long
- Two cables, each with two six/eight-pin connectors for video cards, 21.6” (55 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
- Two cables, each with four SATA power connectors, 19.7” (50 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
- Two cables, each with three peripheral power connectors and one floppy disk drive power connector, 19.7” (50 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
All wires are 18 AWG, which is the minimum recommended gauge.
This is a somewhat standard configuration for 600 W units, with the advantage of allowing you to install up to two high-end video cards out-of-the-box because of its four video card power connectors, while a few competing products have only two video card power connectors.
Let’s now take an in-depth look inside this power supply.