How We Tested
We tested the Seagate Desktop SSHD using HD Tune Pro and CrystalDiskMark programs. The drives were connected, one at a time, to an internal SATA-600 port. The only variable component between each benchmarking session was the HDD being tested.
- CPU: Core i7-6950X running at 3.8 GHz
- Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X99 Extreme6/3.1
- CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate
- Memory: 64 GiB DDR4-3000 HyperX Predator, four KHX3000C15/16GX 16 GiB modules running at 2400 MHz
- Boot drive: Kingston HyperX Savage 480 GB
- Case: Thermaltake Core P3
- Video Monitor: Samsung U28D590
- Power Supply: Corsair CX750
Operating System Configuration
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
We adopted a 3% error margin in our tests, meaning performance differences of less than 3% cannot be considered meaningful. Therefore, when the performance difference between two products is less than 3%, we consider them to have similar performance.