The PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III power supply series has models ranging from 400 W to 1,200 W. Models from 400 W to 600 W have the 80 Plus Bronze certification, while the 750 W and 850 W models have the 80 Plus Gold certification, and the 1,200 W model has the 80 Plus Platinum certification. Let’s test the 750 W model and see if it is a good buy.
While models from 400 W to 600 W are manufactured by Seasonic, other models are manufactured by Super Flower. The 750 W model is based on Super Flower’s Golden Green platform, which is also used by the Rosewill CAPSTONE-750, the Rosewill CAPSTONE-750M, the Sentey GSP750-SM, and the NZXT HALE90-750-M. Although these power supplies are internally identical, externally the PC Power & Cooling Mk III 750 W is different, using a modular cabling system with rounded connectors and with a switch to configure the fan’s mode of operation.
The PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 750 W is 7.1” (180 mm) deep. It uses a 140 mm ball-bearing fan on its bottom (Globe Fan RL4ZB1402512H). The power supply has a “hybrid/normal” switch that allows you to configure the fan to turn on only when the power supply load reaches 350 W, so the power supply won’t make any noise when the computer doesn’t demand a lot of power.
The modular cabling system from this power supply has eight connectors: four for video cards and four for peripheral and SATA connectors. This power supply comes with the following cables:
- Main motherboard cable with a 20/24-pin connector, 25.2” (64 cm) long, permanently attached to the power supply
- Two cables, each with two ATX12V connectors that together form an EPS12V connector, 25.2” (64 cm) long, permanently attached to the power supply
- Four cables, each with one six/eight-pin connector for video cards, 23.6” (60 cm) long, modular cabling system
- Three cables, each with four SATA power connectors, 17.3” (44 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors, modular cabling system
- One cable with four peripheral power connectors, 16.5” (42 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors, modular cabling system
All wires are 18 AWG, which is the minimum recommended gauge.
This is a somewhat standard configuration for 750 W units, with the advantage of having a total of 12 SATA power connectors.
Let’s now take an in-depth look inside this power supply.