The HALE90 V2 power supply series from NZXT has 850 W, 1,000 W, and 1,200 W models, all with the 80 Plus Gold certification and a fully modular cabling system. Let’s take an in-depth look at the 850 W version.
The NZXT HALE90 V2 850 W is 7.5” (190 mm) deep. It uses a 135 mm ball-bearing fan on its bottom (Protechnic MGA13512XB-O25).
The modular cabling system from this power supply is fully modular and has 14 connectors: two for the main motherboard cable, two for EPS12V/ATX12V connectors, four for video card power connectors, and six for peripheral and SATA power connectors. This power supply comes with the following cables:
- Main motherboard cable with a 20/24-pin connector, 25.6” (65 cm) long
- Two cables, each with two ATX12V connectors that together form an EPS12V connector, 25.6” (65 cm) long
- Four cables, each with one six/eight-pin connector for video cards, 25.6” (65 cm) long
- Three cables, each with four SATA power connectors, 19.7” (50 cm) to the first connector, 3.9” (10 cm) between connectors
- Two cables, each with four peripheral power connectors, 19.7” (50 cm) to the first connector, 3.9” (10 cm) between connectors
- Two cables, each with three peripheral power connectors and one floppy disk drive power connector, 19.7” (50 cm) to the first connector, 3.9” (10 cm) between connectors
All wires are 18 AWG, which is the minimum recommended gauge.
This is a somewhat standard configuration for 850 W units. However some competing products bring two additional video card power cables, allowing you to install up to three high-end video cards out-of-the-box. (The reviewed power supply only supports up to two high-end video cards out-of-the-box.)
Let’s now take an in-depth look inside this power supply.