If you are using a PC to download the files, you will need the following tools:
- StuffIt (install the shareware version): This program is used to expand compressed Macintosh files on your PC
- WinImage (only required if you are generating 1.44 MB floppies): This program is used to create 1.44 MB floppies directly from disk images on the PC
- TransMac: This program is used to create Macintosh-compatible floppies on the PC, allowing you to transport files from the PC to the Macintosh
If you are generating 800 KB and 400 KB floppies, you will also need to download the following tools, which will be installed on the Macintosh computer used to generate these disks:
- Disk Copy: This program is used to generate floppies from disk images. Use Disk Copy 4.2 if the computer you are using is running System 6.0.x and Disk Copy 6.3.3 if the computer you are using is running System 7.
- StuffIt: You will need to have this on the Macintosh if you are using a Macintosh computer connected to the Internet to download the files. You probably already have this program installed.