How We Tested
During our testing procedures, we used the configuration listed below. The only variable component between each benchmarking session was the SSD being tested.
- CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K
- Motherboard: ASUS P9X79
- Memory: Four 4 GB Mushkin Blackline modules
- Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3 GB
- Video Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Video Monitor: Viewsonic VX2260WM
- Power Supply: SilverStone 1,000 W
- CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X40
- Boot Drive: Kingston HyperX 3K 240 GB
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit using NTFS File System
- Intel INF Driver Version 188.8.131.526
- AMD Driver Version: AMD Catalyst 12.3
We adopted a 3% error margin in our tests, meaning performance differences of less than 3% can’t be considered meaningful. Therefore, when the performance difference between two products is less than 3%, we consider them to have similar performance.