How We Tested
During our benchmarking sessions we used the configuration listed below. Between our benchmarking sessions the only variable device was the video card being tested.
- Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H (F8d BIOS)
- CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K
- CPU Cooler: Intel stock/AMD stock liquid cooling solution
- Memory: 4 GB DDR3-1866, two G.Skill Ripjaws XF3-14900CL9D-4GBXL memory modules
- Hard Disk Drive: Western Digital Black Caviar 1 TB (WD1001FALS, SATA-300, 7,200 rpm, 32 MB buffer)
- Video Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 932BW
- Power Supply: Antec TruePower New 750 W
Operating System Configuration
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
- Video resolution: 1440×900 60 Hz
- AMD video driver version: Catalyst 12.4
- Intel Inf chipset driver version: 220.127.116.119
- Lucid Virtu Universal MVP driver version: 18.104.22.16880
We adopted a 3% error margin. Thus differences below 3% cannot be considered relevant. In other words, products with a performance difference below 3% should be considered as having similar performance.