A netbook is a great tool to give you quick access to the Internet and email and to perform simple computer tasks. This one is small, lightweight and good-looking. With the Verizon access built-in, it takes connectivity to another level, allowing you access to the Internet from almost anywhere. This accessibility, of course, comes with a price. Unfortunately, data plans from all carriers are currently expensive. Yet if you need to access the Internet, it may be worth the price. With Verizon subsidizing the cost of the equipment, you do get some savings.
While the HP Mini 1151NR has a good screen and keyboard, two things keep us from recommending it. The loose power cable connection caused constant aggravation and the unusual screen resolution caused several problems.
- Thin and lightweight
- Very compact
- Sleek design
- Mobile access built-in
- Comfortable keyboard
- Verizon subsidized price
- Power plug doesn‘t stay in the port
- Screen resolution of 1024 x 576 causes some problems
- Short battery life
- Touchpad awkwardly shaped and lacking in responsiveness
- No instructions on the VZAccess software
- Limited monthly usage
- Requires two-year contract
- Requires monitor adapter for connecting an external monitor