How We Tested
During our tests we used the configuration listed below.
- CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600
- Motherboard: ASUS P5K-E/WiFi-AP (0401 BIOS)
- Memory: 2 GB Corsair Dominator TWIN2X2048-8500C5D (DDR2-1066/PC2-8500 with 5-5-5-15 timings), configured at 1,066 MHz
- Hard Disk Drive: Two Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 160 GB (ST3160815AS, SATA-300, 7,200 rpm, 8 MB buffer) hard disk drives, one for running the operating system and benchmarking software, another for testing the reviewed device.
- Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce 8800 GTS 320 MB
- Video resolution: 1440×900 75 Hz
- Video Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 932BW
- Power Supply: OCZ ProXStream 1000 W
- CPU Cooler: Thermaltake TMG i1
- Optical Drive: LG GSA-H54N
- Windows XP Professional using NTFS file system
- Service Pack 2
- Intel Inf driver version: 126.96.36.1999
- NVIDIA video driver version: 169.21
We adopted a 3% error margin. So, performance differences below 3% cannot be considered meaningful. In other words, products where the performance difference is below 3% must be considered as having similar performance.