SilverStone released a new power supply series with full modular cabling system, 80 Plus Silver certification and single +12 V rail, called Strider Plus, with 750 W, 850 W and 1,000 W models. Let’s test the 750 W model.
The new Strider Plus series is manufactured by Enhance Electronics. Please keep in mind that other power supply series from SilverStone are manufactured by different companies.
SilverStone Strider Plus 750 W isn’t a deep power supply, especially for a unit with a full modular cabling system, being 6 19/64” (160 mm) long, using a 135 mm fan on its bottom and active PFC circuit, of course.
The reviewed power supply features a full modular cabling system, which means that even the main motherboard cable is part of the modular system. The modular cabling system has 11 connectors, four blue ones for the video card power cables, two 4-pin black ones for the CPU power cables, four 3-pin black ones for the SATA and peripheral power cables and one 24-pin one for the main motherboard cable.
One great thing about the cables from SilverStone Strider Plus 750 W is that the wires from the video card auxiliary power cables and ATX12V/EPS12V – plus the +12 V (yellow) wires from the main motherboard cable – are 16 AWG, i.e., thicker than required, which is great. All other wires are 18 AWG, which is the minimum required gauge to be used.
The cables included are:
- Main motherboard cable with a 20/24-pin connector. 21 5/8” (55 cm) long.
- Two cables with two ATX12V connectors that together form one EPS12V connector each. One is 29 ½” (75 cm) long while the second one is 21 5/8” (55 cm) long.
- Two auxiliary power cables for video cards with one six-pin connector each. 21 5/8” (55 cm) long.
- Two auxiliary power cables for video cards with one six/eight-pin connector each. 21 7/8” (55.5 cm) long.
- Two cables with three SATA power connectors each. 19 ¾” (50 cm) to the first connector and 9 7/8” (25 cm) between connectors.
- Two cables with three standard peripheral power plugs and one floppy disk drive power connector each. 19 7/8” (50.5 cm) to the first connector and 9 7/8” (25 cm) between connectors.
Strider Plus 750 W comes with a good cable configuration for a 750 W product, although we’d prefer if this unit came with one more SATA cable. The highlight of this product is the good distance between the SATA and peripheral connectors, which are 4” (10 cm) more distant to each other than usual.
Now let’s take an in-depth look inside this power supply.