Costing only USD 100, the Rosewill Libertas 800 W (LIB800) is a power supply that comes with a full modular cabling system, synchronous design, and DC-DC conversion for the +5 V and +3.3 V outputs. The manufacturer promises it can deliver 800 W at 50° C, peaking 900 W for up to 12 seconds. One curious thing about this unit is that it is officially an 80 Plus Gold power supply, but Rosewill decided to downgrade it to an 80 Plus Bronze.
We couldn’t discover the real manufacturer of this power supply (it looks like it is ATNG, but we couldn’t confirm this).
The Rosewill Libertas 800 W is 6.5” (165 mm) deep, using a 135 mm ball-bearing fan on its bottom, that is manufactured by Globe Fan (model RL4ZB1352512HH), even though the brand, “Rosewill,” is printed on it.
This unit features active PFC, of course.
It comes with a full modular cabling system, meaning that even the main motherboard cable is attached to this system. This system has 12 connectors, four red ones for the video card cables, five six-pin black ones for SATA and peripheral cables, two eight-pin black ones for the CPU cables (ATX12V and EPS12V), and one 24-pin black one for the main motherboard cable. The cables included are the following:
- Main motherboard cable with a 20/24-pin connector, 19.7” (50 cm) long
- One cable with two ATX12V connectors that together form an EPS12V connector, 19.7” (50 cm) long
- One cable with one EPS12V connector, 19.7” (50 cm) long
- Four cables, each with one six/eight-pin connector for video cards, 20” (51 cm) long
- One cable with four SATA power connectors, 19.7” (50 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
- Two cables, each with three SATA power connectors, 20” (51 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
- Two cables, each with three standard peripheral power connectors and one floppy disk drive power connector, 20” (51 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
All wires are 18 AWG.
The cable configuration is satisfactory for an 800 W product, allowing you to have up to two video cards that require two power connectors each without needing to use adapters.
Now let’s take an in-depth look inside this power supply.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. A Look Inside The Rosewill Libertas 800 W
- 3. Transient Filtering Stage
- 4. Primary Analysis
- 5. Secondary Analysis
- 6. Power Distribution
- 7. Load Tests
- 8. Overload Tests
- 9. Main Specifications
- 10. Conclusions