WD Delivers World’s Thinnest 1 TB Hard Drive
on June 3, 2013 - 12:54 PM
Western Digital has announced it is shipping the world’s thinnest 1 TB hard drive with its new 2.5-inch WD Blue 7 mm hard drive. Offering OEMs, channel integrators, and consumers a unique storage solution for thin and light systems, slimmer notebooks, as well as compatibility with the industry-standard 9.5 mm drive slots of mainstream notebooks, the WD Blue hard drive family, in capacities from 320 GB to 1 TB in the 7 mm height, now provides a singular option of thin design and high capacity storage.
Features of the WD Blue 7 mm hard drives include:
- Shock Tolerance: WD’s ShockGuard technology protects the drive mechanics and platter surfaces from shocks.
- Cool and quiet: WD’s exclusive WhisperDrive technology enables quiet performance.
- StableTrac: The motor shaft is secured at both ends to compensate for system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking during read and write operations which enables consistently higher performance.
- Dual Stage Actuators: Leveraged from enterprise-class drives, dual stage actuators utilize two actuators to improve positional accuracy over the data track(s). The primary actuator provides coarse displacement using conventional electromagnetic actuator principles. The secondary actuator uses piezoelectric motion to fine tune the head positioning to a higher degree of accuracy.
- Reliable: WD’s SecurePark parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up, spin down, and when the drive is off. This ensures the recording head never touches the disk surface resulting in improved long term reliability due to less head wear, and improved non-operational shock tolerance.
- Compatibility Tested: WD performs tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in its FIT Lab and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give customers confidence that drives will work in specific systems.
Shipping now through select distributors and resellers, the new 1 TB WD Blue 7 mm 2.5-inch mobile hard drive is covered by a two-year limited warranty. The suggested retail price for the 1 TB (WD10SPCXX) is USD 139.00.
click to enlarge
Originally at http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/news/WD-Delivers-Worlds-Thinnest-1-TB-Hard-Drive/7329
© 2004-14, Hardware Secrets, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Total or partial reproduction of the contents of this site, as well as that of the texts available for downloading, be this in the electronic media, in print, or any other form of distribution, is expressly forbidden. Those who do not comply with these copyright laws will be indicted and punished according to the International Copyrights Law.
We do not take responsibility for material damage of any kind caused by the use of information contained in Hardware Secrets.