Effects of High Temperature on a CPU
When the CPU works above the maximum admissible temperature set by its manufacturer, the following problems can occur:
- Reduction of CPU life-span;
- Random freezes;
- Random resets;
- Eventually the CPU can get burned.
Cases of PCs giving the infamous Blue Screen of Death while you are loading or installing the operating system because the CPU is overheated are not rare (keep in mind that other problems not related to overheating can also present this same symptom). Another typical overheating scenario is the computer working correctly and then after some time it starts to malfunction.
In order to solve overheating problems some measures must be taken, besides choosing the correct CPU cooler and applying thermal grease correctly:
- To reduce the room temperature;
- To enhance the case internal airflow.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Effects of High Temperature on a CPU
- 3. Measuring the CPU Temperature
- 4. Protecting Your PC Against Overheating
- 5. Intel CPUs - Part 1
- 6. Intel CPUs - Part 2
- 7. Intel CPUs - Part 3
- 8. Intel CPUs - Part 4
- 9. AMD CPUs - Part 1
- 10. AMD CPUs - Part 2
- 11. AMD CPUs - Part 3
- 12. AMD CPUs - Part 4