LEPA is a newcomer to the power supply market, established by Ecomaster, the official distributor of Enermax power supplies in the United States. The LEPA G series is the Enermax MODU87+ series with a different name, and we don’t understand why the same distributor offers the same power supplies under two different brands. We’ve already reviewed the LEPA G500-MA and the Enermax MODU87+ 700 W, and both proved to be excellent products. Let’s see if the LEPA G700-MA is also a good option.
The LEPA G700-MA is 6.3” (160 mm) deep, using a 140 mm twister bearing fan on its bottom (Enermax EA142512W).
This unit has a modular cabling system with seven connectors (two red for video card power cables and five black for SATA and peripheral power cables), and three cables are permanently attached to the power supply. This power supply comes with the following cables:
- Main motherboard cable with a 24-pin connector, 23.2” (61 cm) long, permanently attached to the power supply
- One cable with two ATX12V connectors that together form one EPS12V connector, 23.2” (61 cm) long, permanently attached to the power supply
- One cable with one EPS12V connector, 23.2” (59 cm) long, permanently attached to the power supply
- Four cables, each with one six/eight-pin auxiliary power connectors for video cards, 19.7” (50 cm) long, modular cabling system
- One cable with four SATA power connectors, 18.1” (46 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors, modular cabling system
- Two cables, each with two SATA and two standard peripheral power connectors, 18.1” (46 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors, modular cabling system
- One cable with three standard peripheral power connectors and one floppy disk drive power connector, 18.1” (46 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
All wires are 18 AWG, which is the minimum recommended gauge, but the main motherboard cable uses thicker 16 AWG wires, which is nice to see.
This configuration is good enough for a 700 W product. It is important to understand that while the modular video card cables are wrapped in the same nylon sleeve and share the same connector on the power supply side, they are separate cables.
Let’s now take an in-depth look inside this power supply.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. A Look Inside the Enermax MODU87+ 700 W
- 3. Transient Filtering Stage
- 4. Primary Analysis
- 5. Secondary Analysis
- 6. Power Distribution
- 7. Load Tests
- 8. Overload Tests
- 9. Main Specifications
- 10. Conclusions