LEPA is a newcomer in the power supply market, established by Ecomaster, the official distributor for Enermax power supplies. The LEPA G series is comprised with 500 W, 700 W, and 900 W models, with 80 Plus Gold certification. Let’s see how the 500 W model fared in our tests.
LEPA power supplies are manufactured by Enermax, and their G series are simply Enermax MODU87+ models renamed. Can someone explain us why a distributor sells the same power supplies under two different brand names?
The LEPA G 500 W is 6.3” (160 mm) deep, with a 140 mm twister bearing fan (Enermax-branded Power Cooler PD142512W-OAB) on its bottom part.
The new LEPA G 500 W has a modular cabling system with seven connectors, two red for video card power cables and five black for SATA/peripheral power cables. The main motherboard cable and the ATX12V/EPS12V cable are permanently attached to the power supply. The power supply comes with the following cables:
- Main motherboard cable with a 20/24-pin connector, 23.2” (59 cm) long, permanently attached to the power supply
- One cable with two ATX12V connectors that together form an EPS12V connector, 23.2” (59 cm) long, permanently attached to the power supply
- Two cables with one six/eight-pin connectors for video cards each, attached to a single connector on the power supply side, 19.7” (50 cm) long, modular cabling system
- One cable with four SATA power connectors, 18.5” (47 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors, modular cabling system
- One cable with two SATA power connectors and two standard peripheral power connectors, 18.5” (47 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors, modular cabling system
- One cable with four standard peripheral power connectors and one floppy disk drive power connector, 17.7” (45 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors, modular cabling system
All wires are 18 AWG, which is the minimum recommended gauge, except the +12 V, +5 V and +3.3 V on the main motherboard cable, which are thicker (16 AWG).
The number of cables and connectors is simply fantastic for a 500 W product. Also, if you pay attention, even if you use all cables that come with this power supply, you still have one red and two black connectors available, so you can buy extra cables from Enermax (since they follow the same standard used by all Enermax power supplies with modular cabling system) if you need more connectors – including a cable with two extra video card power connectors!
Let’s now take an in-depth look inside this power supply.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. A Look Inside The LEPA G 500 W
- 3. Transient Filtering Stage
- 4. Primary Analysis
- 5. Secondary Analysis
- 6. Power Distribution
- 7. Load Tests
- 8. Overload Tests
- 9. Main Specifications
- 10. Conclusions