How We Tested
During our testing procedures we used the configuration listed below. The only variable component between each benchmarking session was the SSD being tested.
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2500S
- Motherboard: Gigabyte P67A-UD3
- Memory: Two 2 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis
- Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6790
- Video Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Video Monitor: Viewsonic VX2260WM
- Power Supply: Corsair HX850W
- CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 29 BP
- Boot Drive: Kingston SSDNow V+100 128 GB
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium using NTFS files system
- Intel INF Driver Version: 126.96.36.1995
- AMD Video Driver Version: Catalyst 11.4
We adopted a 3% error margin in our tests, meaning performance differences less than 3% can’t be considered meaningful. Therefore when the performance difference between two products is less than 3% we consider them to have similar performance.