Let’s see if this 600 W power supply from IN WIN with a DC-DC design for its +3.3 V output is a good buy.
Some Asian companies love to make it hard to understand their logics. Take the case of IN WIN. They have three different websites (http://www.inwin-style.com/, http://www.in-win.us, and http://www.in-win.com.tw) and two different brands for their power supplies, IN WIN and Power Man. The Power Man power supplies are only listed on two of their three websites, but with no reference to the “Power Man” brand. Then, try looking for the IP-P600CQ3-2 there. Instead of being listed under “IP series” or “IP-P series,” it is listed under “CQ series.” It seems this company doesn’t want anyone to know about their products!
The IN WIN Power Man IP-P600CQ3-2 is 5.5” (140 mm) deep and comes with a 120 mm sleeve bearing fan on its bottom (ADDA AD1212MS-A70GL).
The reviewed product doesn’t have a modular cabling system. It comes with the following cables:
- Main motherboard cable with a 20/24-pin connector, 16.5” (42 cm) long
- One cable with two ATX12V connectors each that together form an EPS12V connector, 19.3” (49 cm) long
- Two cables with one six/eight-pin connector for video cards each, 18.1” (46 cm) long
- Two cables with two SATA power connectors and one standard peripheral power connector each, 17.3” (44 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
- One cable with one SATA power connector, two standard peripheral power connectors, and one floppy disk drive power connector, 19.7” (50 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
As you can see in Figure 3, these cables aren’t protected by nylon sleeves. All wires are 18 AWG, which is the minimum recommended gauge.
The cable configuration is compatible with a 600 W product.
Let’s now take an in-depth look inside this power supply.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. A Look Inside The IN WIN Power Man IP-P600CQ3-2
- 3. Transient Filtering Stage
- 4. Primary Analysis
- 5. Secondary Analysis
- 6. Power Distribution
- 7. Load Tests
- 8. Overload Tests
- 9. Main Specifications
- 10. Conclusions