The Huntkey Win7 6600, also known as LW-6600HGB, is a 500 W power supply, so we can’t understand where the “6600” in its name comes from. It has an active PFC circuit, but no 80 Plus certification, even though it presented efficiency above 80% on our tests. Let’s check it out.
The Huntkey Win7 6600 is 5.5” (140 mm) deep, using a 120 mm sleeve bearing fan on its bottom.
This power supply doesn’t have a modular cabling system, and only the main motherboard cable has a nylon sleeve, which doesn’t come from inside the unit. This power supply comes with the following cables:
- Main motherboard cable with a 20/24-pin connector, 20.1” (51 cm) long
- One cable with two ATX12V connectors that together form an EPS12V connector, 24.4” (62 cm) long
- One cable with one six/eight-pin connector and one six-pin connector for video cards, 20.5” (52 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
- One cable with three SATA power connectors, 20.9” (53 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
- One cable with two SATA power connectors and one standard peripheral power connector, 20.9” (53 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
- One cable with three standard peripheral power connectors and one floppy disk drive power connector, 20.5” (52 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
All wires are 18 AWG, which is the minimum recommended gauge.
The cable configuration is adequate for a mainstream 500 W power supply.
Let’s now take an in-depth look inside this power supply.