Installing the Front Panel Wires
Locate on your motherboard the front panel connectors (see Figure 15). You will install the corresponding wires that come from the case’s front panel to these connectors (see Figure 16).
You will find the following wires:
- Reset switch (no polarity required)
- Power switch (no polarity required), sometimes also called Standby switch
- Power LED (polarity required), sometimes also called Message LED
- HDD LED (polarity required)
- Speaker (polarity required)
Just install these wires to the connector with the same name on the motherboard. On the wires we marked “polarity required” you will need to match the positive (+) and negative (-) markings on the motherboard. The white (or black) wire should be installed to the pin marked as negative (-) on the board.
Also, sometimes the connectors are colored, as it occurs in our example in Figure 15, but the colors on the connectors rarely match the colors of the wires. So, don’t follow the color scheme from the motherboard for installing the front panel wires.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Installing the Motherboard to the Metallic Plate
- 3. Installing the Case Finishing
- 4. Installing CPU and Memory
- 5. Installing the Front Panel Wires
- 6. Installing I/O Brackets, Drives and Power Supply
- 7. Installing the Motherboard to the Case