The Fractal Design Integra R2 is available in 500 W, 650 W, and 750 W versions, all with the 80 Plus Bronze certification. Let’s take a look at the 750 W model, which comes with a very nice price tag.
This power supply is manufactured by HEC, being a rebranded HEC-750TB. This is the same platform used by the Cougar CMX V2 700 W. The only difference between the two are the +12 V rectifiers, which are “stronger” on the Fractal Design Integra R2 750 W and the use, on the Cougar CMX V2 700 W, of a Japanese capacitor on the primary and a modular cabling system.
The Fractal Design Integra R2 750 W is 5.5” (140 mm) deep, using a 120 mm sleeve bearing fan on its bottom (Hong Sheng A1335M12S).
This unit doesn’t have a modular cabling system. All cables use nylon sleeves that come from inside the unit. This power supply comes with the following cables:
- Main motherboard cable with a 20/24-pin connector, 20.5” (52 cm) long
- One cable with two ATX12V connectors that together form an EPS12V connector, 26” (66 cm) long
- Two cables, each with two six/eight-pin connectors for video cards, 20.5” (52 cm) to the first connector, 2.8” (7 cm) between connectors
- One cable with three SATA power connectors, 22” (56 cm) to the first connector, 5.5” (14 cm) between connectors
- One cable with three SATA power connectors, 14.2” (36 cm) to the first connector, 5.5” (14 cm) between connectors
- One cable with two standard peripheral power connectors and one floppy disk drive power connector, 21.6” (55 cm) to the first connector, 5.1” (13 cm) between connectors
All wires are 18 AWG, which is the correct gauge to be used.
The cable configuration is compatible with a mainstream 750 W unit.
Let’s now take an in-depth look inside this power supply.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. A Look Inside the Fractal Design Integra R2 750 W
- 3. Transient Filtering Stage
- 4. Primary Analysis
- 5. Secondary Analysis
- 6. The +5VSB Power Supply
- 7. Power Distribution
- 8. Load Tests
- 9. Voltage Regulation Tests
- 10. Ripple and Noise Tests
- 11. Overload Tests
- 12. Main Specifications
- 13. Conclusions