Let’s take a look at the revamped Corsair TX750 power supply, dubbed TX750 V2, now featuring a DC-DC design and 80 Plus Bronze certification.
It is important to understand that while the old TX750 was manufactured by CWT, being a relabeled 750VH unit from this manufacturer, the new Corsair TX750 V2 is manufactured by Seasonic, being internally identical to the XFX PRO 750 W unit.
The only differences between the Corsair TX750 V2 and the XFX PRO 750 W are the fan (140 mm on the Corsair model and 135 mm on the XFX model), the configuration of the video card connectors (four six/eight-pin on the Corsair model and two six-pin and two six/eight-pin on the XFX model), and the configuration of the peripheral power cables (two cables with four standard peripheral power connectors and one floppy disk drive power connector each on the Corsair model and one cable with four standard peripheral power connectors and one cable with three peripheral power connectors and one floppy disk drive power connector on the XFX model).
The TX750 V2 is 6.3” (160 mm) deep, with a 140 mm dual ball bearing fan (Yate Loon D14BH-12, 2,800 rpm, 140 cfm, 48.5 dB) on its bottom part.
The new Corsair TX750 V2 doesn’t have a modular cabling system. All cables are protected with nylon sleeves. The power supply comes with the following cables:
- Main motherboard cable with a 20/24-pin connector, 23.2” (59 cm) long
- One cable with two ATX12V connectors that together form an EPS12V connector, 23.6” (60 cm) long
- Four cables, each with one six/eight-pin connector for video cards, 23.6” (60 cm) long
- Two cables, each with four SATA power connectors, 16.1” (41 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
- Two cables, each with four standard peripheral power connectors and one floppy disk drive power connector, 15.7” (40 cm) to the first connector, 5.5” (14 cm) between connectors
All wires are 18 AWG, which is the minimum recommended gauge.
The cable configuration is adequate for a 750 W unit.
Let’s now take an in-depth look inside this power supply.