How We Tested
During our benchmarking sessions, we used the configuration listed below. Between our benchmarking sessions, the only variable device was the CPU being tested.
- Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme6/3.1
- CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate
- Memory: 16 GiB DDR4-2400 four G.Skill Ripjaws 4 F4-2400C15Q-16GRR 4 GiB memory modules configured at 2133 MHz
- Boot drive: Kingston HyperX Predator 480 GB
- Video Card: HIS Radeon R9 390
- Video Monitor: Samsung U28D590
- Power Supply: Corsair CX750
Operating System Configuration
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- AMD driver version: Crimson 15.11
We adopted a 4% error margin. Thus, differences below 4% cannot be considered relevant. In other words, products with a performance difference below 4% should be considered as having similar performance.