|Enermax NAXN 82+ 750 W Power Supply Review|
The NAXN is the latest power supply series from Enermax, and is subdivided into three sub-series: the NAXN, also known as Tomahawk II, featuring 350 W, 450 W, and 500 W models, with no 80 Plus certification; the NAXN 80+, featuring 350 W, 450 W, 500 W, and 600 W models, with the standard 80 Plus certification; and the NAXN 82+, featuring 750 W and 850 W models, with the 80 Plus Bronze certification and modular cabling system (a feature not available on the models from the other two sub-series.) Let’s see if the new Enermax NAXN 82+ 750 W is a good option.
click to enlarge
Figure 1: Enermax NAXN 82+ 750 W power supply
click to enlarge
Figure 2: Enermax NAXN 82+ 750 W power supply
The Enermax NAXN 82+ 750 W is 6.3” (160 mm) deep, using a 135 mm sleeve bearing fan on its bottom (Globe Fan S1352512H, maximum of 2,000 rpm, 123 cfm, and 44.1 dBA).
This unit has a modular cabling system with seven connectors (two red for video card power cables and five black for SATA and peripheral power cables), and five cables are permanently attached to the power supply. This power supply comes with the following cables:
- Main motherboard cable with a 24-pin connector, 21.6” (55 cm) long, permanently attached to the power supply
- One cable with two ATX12V connectors that together form an EPS12V connector, 23.6” (60 cm) long, permanently attached to the power supply
- One cable with one EPS12V connector, 23.6” (60 cm) long, permanently attached to the power supply
- Two cables, each with one six/eight-pin connector for video cards, 23.6” (60 cm) long, permanently attached to the power supply
- Two cables, each with one six/eight-pin connector for video cards, 19.7” (50 cm) long, using a single connector of the modular cabling system
- Two cables, each with four SATA power connectors, 18.5” (47 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors, modular cabling system
- One cable with two SATA and two standard peripheral power connectors, 18.5” (47 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors, modular cabling system
- One cable with three standard peripheral power connectors and one floppy disk drive power connector, 18.1” (46 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
All wires are 18 AWG, which is the correct gauge to be used, except the +12 V (yellow) and +3.3 V (orange) wires on the main motherboard cable, which are thicker (16 AWG).
The cable configuration is excellent for a 750 W product. It is important to understand that while the modular video card cables are wrapped in the same nylon sleeve and share the same connector on the power supply side, they are separate cables. The second red connector is left unused on the power supply’s default configuration, allowing you to buy an additional video card cable to connect a third high-end video card without the need of adapters.
click to enlarge
Figure 3: Cables
Let’s now take an in-depth look inside this power supply.
|Print Version | Send to Friend |
|| Page 1 of 10 | Next »
April 6, 2015 - 2:50 AM
March 31, 2015 - 2:47 AM
March 25, 2015 - 3:15 AM
March 9, 2015 - 2:46 AM
February 24, 2015 - 3:00 AM
January 23, 2015 - 4:15 AM
January 20, 2015 - 5:00 AM
January 19, 2015 - 4:30 AM
January 12, 2015 - 5:30 AM
January 7, 2015 - 5:00 AM
Our Most Popular Articles