|ATI Radeon Xpress 200 for Intel Platform|
ATI has just released its new Radeon Xpress 200 chipset for Intel platform, also known by its codename RS400. This new chipset has embbeded graphics, i.e., the video is on-board, but at the same time provides a 16x PCI Express slot allowing you to upgrade the video anytime, or even using a VGA together with the on-board video to use multiple monitors on your desktop.
This chipset can be used with socket LGA775 or with socket 478 CPUs, but the final decision goes to the motherboard manufacturer. Gigabyte, ASUS, ECS, Tul (PowerColor), Sapphire, FIC, MSI, Shuttle and Jetway have already announced that they will be lauching motherboards based on this new chipset.
Let's talk about the Radeon Xpress 200 for Intel platform specs.
click to enlarge
Figure 1: Basic block diagram for Radeon Xpress 200 for Intel platform.
The basic specs include:
- DirectX 9.0 integrated graphics (resolutions up to 2048x1536x32bpp), using the same core as Radeon X300.
- One 16x PCI Express slot.
- Up to four 1x PCI Express slots (connected to the north bridge for maximum performance).
- Up to seven standard PCI slots.
- Up to 4 GB of system memory (up to 256 MB for graphics memory).
- DDR memory support up to DDR400.
- DDR2 memory support up to DDR2-667.
- Dual Channel memory configuration.
- Two ATA/133 ports.
- Up to four Serial ATA ports, supporting RAID modes 0,1,0+1 and JBOD.
- Eight USB 2.0 ports.
- Integrated audio accepting up to 7.1 sound configuration with optional High Definition Audio.
- TV Out function with resolutions up to 1024x768x32 and supporting HDTV up to 1080i.
| Page 1 of 2 | Next » |
|Print Version | Send to Friend |
| Comments (0)
October 1, 2013 - 7:23 AM PST
September 30, 2013 - 7:23 AM PST
September 30, 2013 - 7:22 AM PST
September 27, 2013 - 5:33 AM PST
September 27, 2013 - 5:32 AM PST
September 27, 2013 - 5:30 AM PST
September 26, 2013 - 6:30 AM PST
September 26, 2013 - 6:21 AM PST
September 26, 2013 - 6:15 AM PST
September 25, 2013 - 5:27 AM PST
Our Most Popular Articles
Latest Threads in Our Forums
by Rafael Coelho
by Gabriel Torres
by Hardware Secrets Team
by Rafael Coelho