|Rosewill Green Series 630 W (RG630-S12) Power Supply Review|
Rosewill Green Series 630 W (RG630-S12) is an inexpensive power supply, costing only USD 70. But is it a good product? Let’s check it out.
This power supply is manufactured by ATNG. Interesting enough internally this power supply uses the same design from another unit from Rosewill that we’ve already tested, Performance 650 W, which for some reason is not listed on Rosewill’s website. In our tests with Performance 650 W we discovered that it could not deliver its labeled power at high temperatures. It seems that Rosewill got the same power supply, put components with higher current limits on the secondary and reduced its labeled power (and stating that it can deliver 630 W at 40° C), selling it with a different name. It is really nice to see a manufacturer following our reviews! We wish all manufacturers were like this!
click to enlarge
Figure 1: Rosewill Green Series 630 W power supply.
click to enlarge
Figure 2: Rosewill Green Series 630 W power supply.
Rosewill Green Series 630 W is only 5 ½” (140 mm) deep, using a 120 mm fan on its bottom and active PFC circuit, of course.
All cables are protected by nylon sleevings, which come from inside the power supply housing. Cables are somewhat long, measuring 20 ½” (52 cm) between the housing and the first connector on the cable, and 5 ½” (140 mm) between connectors on cables with more than one connector. All wires are 18 AWG, which is the correct gauge to be used, except the +3.3 V (orange) wires on the main motherboard connector, which are thicker (16 AWG).
The cables included are:
- Main motherboard cable with a 20/24-pin connector (20”or 51 cm).
- One cable with two ATX12V connectors that together form one EPS12V connector (21 ½” or 55 cm).
- One auxiliary power cable for video cards with one six/eight-pin video card auxiliary power connector (19” or 48 cm).
- One auxiliary power cable for video cards with one six-pin video card auxiliary power connector (19” or 48 cm).
- Two SATA power cables with three SATA power connectors each (17” or 43 cm to the first connector, 6” or 15 cm between connectors).
- One peripheral power cable with three standard peripheral power plugs each (17” or 43 cm to the first connector, 6” or 15 cm between connectors).
- One peripheral power cable with three standard peripheral power plugs each and one floppy disk drive power connector (17” or 43 cm to the first connector, 6” or 15 cm between connectors).
There are good and bad news about the wires used on Rosewill Green Series 630 W. On the main motherboard cable the wires are thicker than required (16 AWG), however on the peripheral and SATA cables the wires are thinner than required (20 AWG). The video card and ATX12V/EPS12V cables use the correct wire gauge (18 AWG).
click to enlarge
Figure 3: Cables.
Now let’s take an in-depth look inside this power supply.
|Print Version | Send to Friend |
|| Page 1 of 10 | Next »
September 22, 2014 - 1:50 AM
September 19, 2014 - 2:00 AM
September 18, 2014 - 3:20 AM
September 15, 2014 - 12:51 PM
September 10, 2014 - 3:30 PM
September 8, 2014 - 1:37 PM
September 2, 2014 - 6:30 PM
August 27, 2014 - 2:48 PM
August 22, 2014 - 2:26 PM
August 20, 2014 - 1:12 PM
Our Most Popular Articles