|Intel ViiV vs. AMD Live!|
|AMD Live! Specs|
For a computer to be compatible with AMD Live! platform it must have at least the following components:
- CPU: Athlon 64 X2 or dual-core Athlon 64 FX.
- Motherboard: Socket AM2 or 939
- Operating system: Windows XP Media Center Edition or Windows Vista Premium
- Audio: 5.1 high definition audio with SPDIF output
- Networking: Gigabit Ethernet or wireless 802.11b/g (optional)
- Hard disk drive: SATA (NCQ technology recommended). Two SATA hard disk drives with RAID on computers based on Atlhon 64 FX.
- Memory: At least 1 GB DDR2 667/800 MHz.
- Ports: At least six USB 2.0 ports and also FireWire (IEEE 1394) ports.
- TV tuner card with remote control: Optional.
- Wireless keyboard and mouse: Recommended.
- Video output: VGA, DVI or HDMI with HDCP (optional).
- Optical unit: DVD±RW
- Power supply: high efficiency with low rotation fan.
It is interesting to note how AMD specify several details of their platform, like the amount of RAM memory. It is also interesting to note how several items are optional.
The name way that occurs with ViiV technology, a Live! entertainment PC can be accessed through a remote control (if the computer has one), since it uses Windows XP Media Center Edition.
AMD Live! platform should be commercially available in the middle of this year – note how AMD specified the use of DDR2 memories, which the current AMD CPUs don’t support.
| « Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Next » |
|Print Version | Send to Friend | Bookmark Article
| Comments (0)
October 1, 2013 - 7:23 AM PST
September 30, 2013 - 7:23 AM PST
September 30, 2013 - 7:22 AM PST
September 27, 2013 - 5:33 AM PST
September 27, 2013 - 5:32 AM PST
September 27, 2013 - 5:30 AM PST
September 26, 2013 - 6:30 AM PST
September 26, 2013 - 6:21 AM PST
September 26, 2013 - 6:15 AM PST
September 25, 2013 - 5:27 AM PST
Our Most Popular Articles
Latest Threads in Our Forums
by Gabriel Torres
by Gabriel Torres
by Hardware Secrets Team