|160 GB Hard Disk Drive Round-Up|
|How We Tested|
During our benchmarking sessions, we used the configuration listed below. Between our benchmarking sessions the only variable was the hard disk drive being tested. Notice that on Seagate and Maxtor models we needed to remove the SATA-150 compatibility jumper to make them to work as SATA-300 devices. The model from Samsung came already correctly configured.
- CPU: Celeron 430.
- Motherboard: Foxconn 45CMX.
- Memory: 1 GB DDR2-667.
- Video Card: XFX Geforce 7300LE.
- Video Resolution: 1024x768.
- Power Supply: Seventeam 350BKV.
- CPU Cooler: Intel stock cooler.
- Optical Unit: Samsung SH-S202.
- Windows XP Professional with NTFS partitioning
- Service Pack 3
- Intel Inf drive version: 188.8.131.529
- NVIDIA video driver version: 169.21
We adopted a 3% error margin; thus, differences below 3% cannot be considered relevant. In other words, products with a performance difference below 3% should be considered as having similar performance.
| « Previous | Page 2 of 4 | Next » |
|Print Version | Send to Friend |
| Comments (0)
October 1, 2013 - 7:23 AM PST
September 30, 2013 - 7:23 AM PST
September 30, 2013 - 7:22 AM PST
September 27, 2013 - 5:33 AM PST
September 27, 2013 - 5:32 AM PST
September 27, 2013 - 5:30 AM PST
September 26, 2013 - 6:30 AM PST
September 26, 2013 - 6:21 AM PST
September 26, 2013 - 6:15 AM PST
September 25, 2013 - 5:27 AM PST
Our Most Popular Articles
Latest Threads in Our Forums
by Gabriel Torres
by Hardware Secrets Team
by Rafael Coelho