The Radio/USB Circuit Board
This small printed circuit board hosts Playstation 3’s radio circuits on one side and the USB ports on the other side. It features three antennas, two for Wi-Fi connection and one for BlueTooth connection.
The radio circuitry uses the following integrated circuits:
- IEEE 802.11b/g wireless network and BlueTooth 2.0 EDR controller chip: Marvell 88W8580.
- RAM (buffer): Nanya NT5SV8M16FS-6K (128 Mbit, 16 MB).
The USB ports are controlled by a GL852 chip.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. The Hard Disk Drive
- 3. Inside the Playstation 3
- 4. The Power Supply
- 5. The Blu-Ray Drive
- 6. The Radio/USB Circuit Board
- 7. The Motherboard
- 8. The Motherboard (Cont’d)
- 9. Cooling System