Pentium D and Pentium Extreme Edition processors from 800 series are based on Smithfield die, which is simply two Prescott chips assembled together, as you can see in Figure 1. It has 230 million transistors occupying an area of 206 mm2 (0.319 sq inch) and manufactured using 90-nm technology.
The main specifications for Pentium D and Pentium Extreme Edition 800 series are the following:
- Dual-core technology
- 16 KB L1 data cache
- 2 MB L2 memory cache (1 MB per core)
- 800 MHz external bus (200 MHz transferring four data per clock cycle), 533 MHz external bus on Pentium D 805 (133 MHz transferring four data per clock cycle).
- SSE3 instruction set support
- Socket LGA775
- 90-nm manufacturing process
- EM64T 64-bit Technology
- Execute Disable Technology
- Enhanced SpeedStep Technology (only on 840 and 830 models)
- Hyper-Threading technology on Pentium Extreme Edition (Pentium D doesn’t have this feature).
In the table below you can find all Pentium D (listed as “Hyper-Threading: No”) and Pentium Extreme Edition (listed as “Hyper-Threading: Yes”) from 800 series released to date.
|Model||sSpec||Internal Clock||External Clock||TDP||Max. Temp (° C)||Hyper-Threading|
|840||SL8FK||3.20 GHz||800 MHz||130 W||69.8||Yes|
|840||SL88R||3.20 GHz||800 MHz||130 W||69.8||No|
|840||SL8CM||3.20 GHz||800 MHz||130 W||69.8||No|
|830||SL8CN||3 GHz||800 MHz||130 W||69.8||No|
|830||SL88S||3 GHz||800 MHz||130 W||69.8||No|
|820||SL88T||2.80 GHz||800 MHz||95 W||64.1||No|
|820||SL8CP||2.80 GHz||800 MHz||95 W||64.1||No|
|805||SL8ZH||2.66 GHz||533 MHz||95 W||64.1||No|