Aerocool HorsePower series feature a modular cabling system and standard 80 Plus certification, being manufactured by CWT and being based on their PSH platform. HorsePower 750 W is internally identical to Thermaltake Toughpower 750 W (W0116RU) and Corsair TX750W (this model from Corsair doesn’t have modular cabling system, though).
Aerocool HorsePower 750 W is 6 1/4” (160 mm) deep, using a 140 mm fan on its bottom. It features active PFC circuit.
The modular cabling system has seven connectors, two for the video card power cables (the red ones), one for the EPS12V/ATX12V cable (eight-pin black connector) and four for SATA and peripheral power cables (six-pin black connectors). The main motherboard cable and two cables with one six/eight-pin video card power connector each are permanently attached to the power supply. All cables use 18 AWG wires, which is the correct gauge to be used. The cables included are:
- Main motherboard cable with a 20/24-pin connector, 19 ¾” (50 cm) long, permanently attached to the power supply.
- One cable with one EPS12V and one ATX12V connector, 19 ¾” (50 cm) to the first connector and 5 7/8” (15 cm) between connectors (modular cabling system).
- Four cables with one six/eight-pin connector for video cards each, 19 ¾” (50 cm) long (two permanently attached to the power supply and two using the modular cabling system).
- Two cables with four SATA power connectors each, 19 ¾” (50 cm) to the first connector, 5 7/8” (15 cm) between connectors (modular cabling system).
- Two cables with four standard peripheral power connectors and one floppy disk drive power connector each, 19 ¾” (50 cm) to the first connector, 5 7/8” (15 cm) between connectors (modular cabling system).
The number of power connectors is perfect for a 750 W product. It brings the same cable configuration used on Corsair TX750W (this model from Corsair doesn’t have a modular cabling system, though) and more cables than Toughpower 750 W (one extra video card power cable and two extra SATA power connectors).
Now let’s take an in-depth look inside this power supply.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. A Look Inside The Aerocool HorsePower 750 W
- 3. Transient Filtering Stage
- 4. Primary Analysis
- 5. Secondary Analysis
- 6. Power Distribution
- 7. Load Tests
- 8. Overload Tests
- 9. Main Specifications
- 10. Conclusions